Monday, October 10, 2011

What we've been up to....

Last weekend our ward had a Daddy Daughter Pinewood Derby. They all had so much fun!



A few weeks ago, my neighbor found a little kitten at the park behind our house and asked if we would like to take care of it. The girls were so excited to find a baby kitten at our house when they came home from school, but a little disappointed when I told them we weren't keeping her. It was so fun to watch them play and cuddle with Cupcake (that's what Chloe named her). I was worried they were getting too attached, especially Abbi who was bottle feeding her. I kept reminding them we're just the foster family for this kitten until she finds a good home. (We already have a cat) Two days later she had a good home through craigslist.

One day after we said good bye to Cupcake, Abbi and I were out on a bike ride when we heard a squeaky meow coming from a big bush. I couldn't believe it, there was another baby kitten! She clawed onto my shirt and we took her home, laughing the whole way. What are the chances of finding 2 baby kittens in 4 days? This little kitten was gray striped but about the same size, we think someone dropped off a whole litter around the neighborhood. They're so little to be on their own, only about 6 weeks. Anyway, the story has a happy ending a friend from Justin's work took the second kitten home.

No comments: